A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
* Test DEMO and read the Limitations List before buy *
You can use PixaTool to get 8bit / Pixel style images or videos, optimize your PixelArt or game assets just adding some cool effects. Works as a PixelArt converter or PixelArt conversion tool. To keep updated: @DavitMasia
If you are interested on video conversion check this links:
Conversion example with PixaTool
3D project with converted textures
- All effects works with the palette colors limitation.
- All features supported on Win/Mac/Linux.
- Basic color reduction using posterize.
- Basic FX: Contrast, Brightness, Sharpen, Blur, Gamma...
- Special FX: ASCII-ART, Radial & Hexagonal Pixelation...
- Pixelate image until 12x (Separated Width/Height)
- Add/Remove RGB values from the overall image.
- Overall Dithering : Checks, Dots, Triangles, Stripes
- Bayer Dithering: 2x4x8x for Predefined & Custom pals
- Dither modes: Normal, Additive, XOR, Source Atop...
- Dither Blur available for overall dithering.
- Open files from local/internet or dropping in the app.
- Set palettes: NES, Gameboy, CPC, C64, Pico8, DB16 ...
- Create your own 32 color palette (Saved with presets).
- With Ctrl pressed, on pick color, sets auto next color slot.
- Exports Image and Video at 1280x720 max resolution
- Save/Load Presets and custom palette if any.
- Batch processing for 720p images
- APP needs to run at 1280x720, not works at 4k or similar
- Exported alpha only using 16bits (Without custom palette)
- Create your custom palette of 32 colors
- Bayer Dithering works on 1x scale (No matter pixelation)
- ASCII/ANSI FX exports the conversion as image, no text
Articles about PixaTool
Although its one of the most basic things, I'm really happy with how the art for this crate turned out since pixel art is one of those things I wish I could find the time to learn. @DavitMasia 's pixa tool just feels like magic to me!#LDJAM pic.twitter.com/KuCPdblNx1
— Patt (@MaddHattPatt) 5 de diciembre de 2017
Thanks @DavitMasia for making PixaTool! I didn't even realize how badly I needed this until I stumbled upon it! Environmental workflow time has been slashed in half!
— Tyler Wolfe (@RatGenius) 25 de noviembre de 2017
Wonderful conversion from #monkeyisland 2 from Peter Chan using @DavitMasia #pixatool. Can you see how fantastic conversion it does? 355x191 px. Using the Matriax 128 palette gives a result like the used in the game, So it makes me my life easier Thx! #pixelart #gamedev pic.twitter.com/COv3RlM7ZM
— Juan Pablo (@juanpaexpedite) 24 de diciembre de 2017
This is an amazing level of support! I'm sure if other palettes were added (Doom, Hexen II, Quake 2, Duke 3D) that this would be the most used texture creation tool in their respective communities. Either that or a 256 custom palette maker. https://t.co/owtesRtU4v
— Gavin Edgington (@GavinEdgington) 28 de diciembre de 2017
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- PixaTool 1.52 Released !!!6 days ago
- PixaTool 1.51 Released9 days ago
- New PixaTool from scratch. Feedback needed.10 days ago
- PixaTool 1.35 Released61 days ago
- PixaTool 1.34 Released66 days ago
- PixaTool 1.33 Released67 days ago
- [Tutorial] How export videoNov 23, 2017
- [Tutorial] PixaTool - Custom PaletteNov 07, 2017